Thursday, June 9, 2011

Going Back to My Roots!

What exactly is a Paleo diet? Paleolithic eating is the way our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate; lean proteins, fruits, veggies and good fats. With a very simple shift you remove grains, legumes, and dairy (which may be at odds with our health according to some scientists and nutritionists) and increase your intake of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.

My girlfriend, and nutritionist, Jen Meredith turned me onto Robb Wolf, a former research biochemist. He is one of the world’s leading experts in Paleolithic nutrition and author of The Paleo Solution – The Original Human Diet. A student of Prof. Loren Cordain, author of The Paleo Diet, Robb has transformed the lives of tens of thousands of people around the world. To learn more about Robb Wolf's visit: www.robbwolf.com

It's day 5 and I've lost 5lbs. I feel fantastic. Obviously, that's not 5 lbs of fat-- but a clear indication that I was not fully digesting the foods I was eating prior to beginning this challenge. It's a complete change for me to cut out grains, legumes and dairy but I'm finding my new diet exciting and the results are fueling me forward. I do miss bread though :)

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Contributors